Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jennifer Lin with a Piano Improv

Call to action: Master the components you know.

You'd want to watch from 16:55 where she does the improvisation with a bit of assistance from no less than Goldie Hawn. I believe that creativity in anything comes from knowing and then mastering the basic components and then looking for ways in combining and connecting all those components. In literature, authors use words, poets use imagery, painters use color, musicians use notes, videographers use light, animators use pixels, game designers use game dynamics, chefs use taste and texture. It goes on and on. Most artists I know cannot explain their art or talent. I think it's time they do.

Here's one of the books that has helped me in every aspect of my life. The Artist's Way at Work: Riding the Dragon. It's possibly one of my favorite books ever.

No comments: