Dr. Buettner presents results from a research on how to live the good life beyond a hundred years. He shows happy communities Sardinia Italy, Okinawa Japan and an Adventist group in California.
The main suggestions are as follows:
1. Integrate physical activities in your daily life.
2. Have weekly moments of peace.
3. Have a specific purpose for waking up in the morning.
4. Eat more plants.
5. Drink moderate amounts of wine.
6. Eat until you are not yet full. (80% is the recommended amount)
7. Live surrounded by loved ones.
8. Have around 6 lifelong friends in the same healthy & happy lifestyle.
9. Find some form of faith-based spirituality.
Personally, I think 8 & 9 blur together into one factor. But, that's just me.